Here is a recent beginners introduction to social media that I used at a presentation in Raleigh North Carolina. This was a private presentation and not open to the public. Some of your definitions or prices may vary in comparison to the ones I have below. Not a problem at all. Just take note. I am a real life sociable human being that uses social networking and media to express my person and my business. What better way to get your name and brand in the mix of things, in this new world media era? It is the modern day version of “writing your name in the wet concrete.” Make your mark, establish your brand, build your network, be sociable, build your business, service your clients, make friends. BAM!
1. What is social networking? It is a social act, function or club where you can get together and connect with other people, possibly leading to friendships and/or business relationships.
2. What is social media? It is using your people skills to reach out to others, connect, share your personal and business media, and build relationships. The methods of communication has changed with the Internet; but the most important part is to be sociable, or at least make your business seem so and learn how to.
3. Who invented social media? It was an evolution of human behavior and communications. It was a fad until our current President used it to win the world over during his campaign. Then people started paying big attention.
4. Why is social media needed?
Forms (mail to fb me) and places (outside to online) of communication have changed.
People used to use telephones, now use text and/or Skype for free video calls.
People used to spend time with neighbors, now spend time with Facebook friends.
People attend public social functions sometimes, but connected online all of the time.
This is where you will find your new friends, clients and future. (this is where they live)
Friends do business with friends. Facebook friends hold more weight than a stranger.
I trust my social circle more than I trust Google search results, SEO, or an algorithm.
It is the best way to make the most, and most valuable connections in minimal time.
You can search sites like Twitter & get crowd sourced information from a huge network, and up to the second, no more stale search information.
5. What about my website?
If you have one, great. If not, we could have one built for you or use a blog site.
Your main website is not included with a social media package unless requested.
Main company websites could run anywhere from $1500 to $50k+
WordPress websites could run anywhere from $500 to $2k+
A website is your headquarters. Social media is your arms, legs, mouth, feet.
6. What online platforms should I get with a “social media package?”
Email – this is with Googles email, called Gmail. This is only an admin email.
Blog Article Site – supplement to a website, sometimes used as a main online presence.
RSS Feed Site – worldwide feed article distribution service.
Photo Album Site – allows you to upload photo into online albums, add captions, etc.
YouTube Video Channel Site – allows you to upload videos online, add info, links, etc.
Twitter Updater Site – used for quick daily updating and connecting.
Twitpic Photo Updater Site – used for quick daily photo updating.
Information Bin Site – used for compiling your media and distributing on Twitter.
Social Network Site – usually a Facebook business page where people “Like” it.
Tracking Site – gives you statistics on how may people are clicking to your content.
SM Management Site – allows you to easily manage your social media in one place.
7. How do I get started with social media? This is where I am supposed to say “Contact Me” – but I will skip that part and say something like “Just Do It!”
8. How much time will it take me per day?After proper social media building and training, if you put an average of 10 minutes a day into making and growing connections, you will do great.