It is time for some “Hands On” social media and training in Asheville. We are meeting at the Hotel Indigo on June 18th from 5pm – 8pm and maybe later for those who wish to keep going.
We will have several people leading the group. We will be taking pictures, tweeting, fourquaring, taking videos, writing, blogging, etc. Come as you are, ready to chose and use the medium of your choice or several.
A few ways to build your media during this event:
1. Bring a pen and pad and write down a few sentences of each place we visit. You can then put this online via a blog or Facebook note.
2. Bring your Blackberry, I-Phone, Droid or whatever Internet enabled phone you have to use for Foursquare, Twitter, Facebook Updates, Twitpic, 12 Seconds etc. Make sure you sign up for Twitpic and 12 Seconds if you plan on using these platforms. You can easily make an account on these sites with your Twitter login. Then once you are signed in, go to “Settings,” and there will be an email where you can send your 12 Second videos or Twitpic photo uploads online while you are mobile.
3. Bring your cell phone. Set up your regular cell phone by going to Twitter, then to “Settings” and add your cell phone to connect it. No Internet required. Standard text messaging rates apply, and if you have unlimited texting, you are set!
4. Bring your camera to take pictures of all of the stops we make. Maybe take notes of each place. You can use these pictures to create a Picasa, Flickr, or Facebook photo album and name it “Asheville Social Media Crawl.” You can upload these pics from your Internet enabled phone or from your computer to Twitpic, with a short description. You can also use these photos to add to a blog post about the evening when you get back home.
5. Bring your video camera and take videos of everywhere we go. You can then make a movie out of them and showcase the crawl!!
6. Bring yourself – the most important part of this mix. Without people like you, who pay attention to media and life, and then go the extra mile to share it; social media would not be anything. Even if you do not have any media platforms and just want to tour and have some fun with us, we welcome you.
The places we plan on stopping by are, but not limited to: Hotel Indigo, Bruisin Ales, Royal Peasantry, Drum Circle, Grove Arcade, Downtown After 5, Barley’s Pizza and many more. We will be experiencing and covering each place through our unique views and platforms. No Experience Necessary. Come to have fun and learn with us, as a team!!
RSVP requested, but not necessary. See the Facebook event by clicking HERE or email RSVP me along with any questions. My email is listed on the right column of this blog. Thank you.