So Jeff Pulver set the dates for the 140 Conference 2012 in New York City, and they are June 19th and 20th. I have always wanted to attend this conference but for one reason or another, I always ended up enjoying it by watching the #140 and #140Conf Twitter hashtag. But I need to get closer! So next June… I am going to NYC, my hometown, for this great event.
You should come too. Here are 5 reasons to attend the 140 Conference:
1. It is expected to be the largest gathering of people in the world of social media and those into the “State of Now” when it comes to business & personal social influence. This is the Worldwide tweetup of the year! Meet people from all over the World that are interested in humanizing the web, increasing their reach, and making the most out of every moment with Twitter and other online platforms.
2. It will allow you to experience the true effects of real time information, and how it can be used to do something meaningful and powerful in your life and for your business. This is a “boot camp” for social media soldiers – folks who want to learn more and gain a deeper grasp on the whole setting.
3. You will hear from featured key speakers that are pros in the new media field. You will learn from the best, and gain a wealth of knowledge and experience. You have met many of these folks and heard bits of info on Twitter; but now is your chance to hear them live and gain an invaluable education.
4. You will get to meet people who are all about Twitter and building relationships. Some will be there to teach, others to learn more, and many beginners in the industry. New introductions, relationships built and business possibilities planted. As sociable business people, we want this!
5. I want to get educated, make memories and have fun! And New York City is the perfect place to make this happen. I will be traveling with a social media marketing team, and all of us will be tweeting away, blogging, video taping and more. I am going to come out of the 140 conference revived and re-invented; with a new Worldwide vision. I am going to make so many great new friends. My efforts will be more effective and I will help more businesses and people. Plus.. the late night dance & cocktail parties with friends and colleagues.. too much fun!
You need to make plans to attend this incredible event! Tweet me when you get there and lets connect.. @gsocialmedia